Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems with mounting an image with cloop 1.02

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    Problems with mounting an image with cloop 1.02

    Hi,

    I have successfully compiled and installed cloop 1.02. It works pretty fine with the latest version of Knoppix but when I try to mount an image of MiniKnoppix or DamnSmallLinux I get the following error message (as dmesg reports):

    cloop: Initializing cloop v1.02
    cloop: /MiniKnoppix/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX: 1789 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 1809593821 bytes.
    cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 1809593821

    I basically did the following:
    insmod cloop file=/MiniKnoppix/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    Any ideas? Did anyone ever experienced this problem, how can I free up some space?

    Bye and thanks,
    Werner.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872

    Re: Problems with mounting an image with cloop 1.02

    cloop 1.x and 0.x is incompatible in the on disk format. one use 64 bit index, one use 32 bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by wschalk
    Hi,

    I have successfully compiled and installed cloop 1.02. It works pretty fine with the latest version of Knoppix but when I try to mount an image of MiniKnoppix or DamnSmallLinux I get the following error message (as dmesg reports):

    cloop: Initializing cloop v1.02
    cloop: /MiniKnoppix/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX: 1789 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 1809593821 bytes.
    cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 1809593821

    I basically did the following:
    insmod cloop file=/MiniKnoppix/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    Any ideas? Did anyone ever experienced this problem, how can I free up some space?

    Bye and thanks,
    Werner.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    110
    I've been getting the same message, different numbers on a remaster of KNOPPIX 3.3 that I have been trying to do.

    I sucessfully remastered KNOPPIX STD (KNOPPIX 3.2) successfully in the same environment 8 hours before.

    I have two versions of KNOPPIX installed on my H/D 3.2 and 3.3. There are some minor glitches in either install, so I bounce back and forth between them.

    I suspect it is either the compress-fs or cloop or combination thereof and haven't had a chance sort it all out. The later number seems to be close to the overall file size on my broken. I need to check the versions of the compression and the cloop.

Similar Threads

  1. Tried squshfs instead of cloop and I run into problems.
    By marksalot in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 07:55 AM
  2. Shutdown with image file and subsequent mounting fails
    By Waszszaf in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:29 AM
  3. problems with cloop.o
    By Beini in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 08:13 PM
  4. mounting hd and running image from hd
    By Roberts in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 07:09 AM
  5. Mounting a Loopback image
    By mattsbr in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS picture

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS

$179.85



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC  picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC

$750.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



1U Supermicro Firewall Router Jumpbox 6x 10GB Ethernet 3.5Ghz 32GB RAM 2x PSU  X picture

1U Supermicro Firewall Router Jumpbox 6x 10GB Ethernet 3.5Ghz 32GB RAM 2x PSU X

$299.00



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99