Try the noddc cheat code to prevent detection of the monitor you may also want to try vga=normal.
I had success getting the gforce2 MX and the monitor booting knoppix, but the new card with this monitor just goes straight to "no signal" / "computer off" mode, once X tries starting.. (and I can get to the shell with ctrl-alt-f2 or whatever - and that's viewable)
I've tried various refresh rates (50-60-72) and various resolutions..
any suggestions?
Try the noddc cheat code to prevent detection of the monitor you may also want to try vga=normal.
If it's any help, I have a nVidia 5200 card with a rather ancient monitor and everything works fine. It sounds to me like your monitor is the culprit.

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
*Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3 Network Security Firewall Appliance* Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3
$64.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$249.99
$170.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99