-
Junior Member
Knoppix 3.3 Apt-Get - Problems & Solutions
Hello World!
I encountered a bunch of problems with apt-get after installation. Apt-get update ignored the Release files and no matter what I tried to install, it claimed the packages didn't exist. I modified the /etc/apt/sources.list file, replacing all occurences of "ftp2" with "ftp", then it successfully got the Package files again.
Installation of Synaptic only works for "unstable" right now. Synaptic-debtags works without problems, though. I'm reporting my experiences in case anybody else has to deal with the same problem. Comments are welcome!
BTW, the current version of "knoppix-installer" really rocks, very well done - keep up the good work, Knoppix is the very best way to install a working version of Debian (IMHO the best Linux distro ever)...
-
Right on brother. I installed the 3.3 today after wiping 3.2 and what do you know, I go to install synaptic and it goes mental. Something about dependencies. Man, was I bummed.
Found your post here about synaptic-debtags working so I tried to install it and what do you know, it works like magic.
Thanks for posting the info. I owe you one. Have a couple of beers and I'll pay for maybe one of them. Hey, what can I say, I'm going to be out of work soon so I have to start saving money now.
-
Junior Member
Hello again!
Weird, with KNOPPIX V3.3 (2003-09-24) the ftp2 URL's actually work, whereas the ftp replacement fails. I don't know if there were some changes between 09-22 and 09-24, or the Debian mirrors changed, but DON'T change the sources.list with this version.
Using synaptic-debtags instead of plain old synaptic is a good idea in any case, as it supports sorting packages according to a tag tree list, which might be more useful with Debian's huge archive. (Make sure to run "debtags update" before starting the new Synaptic for the first time!)
Similar Threads
-
By enemorales in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 10:39 AM
-
By bspachman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By nappy501 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By newman in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell R740XD All Flash 2U Server Full 24 x U.2 NVME 2x Xeon 6240R 48 CORE HOMELAB
$849.95

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99