Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cant' create partition to install Knoppix 3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2

    Cant' create partition to install Knoppix 3.3

    Hi everybody,

    I just tried to install KNOPPIX 3.3 with knoppix-installer, but is does not work at all. I've created a swap partition with 512 MB and a / partition with 8 GB. When the installation script want to format the partition I'm receiving the following error:
    *
    Beim Einrichtender Swap-Partition ist ein fehler aufgetreten. Hier die Meldung von mkswap: error swap area needs to be at least 40kB Usage

    Any hints ?
    Joerg

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Cant' create partition to install Knoppix 3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by jpaschke
    Hi everybody,

    I just tried to install KNOPPIX 3.3 with knoppix-installer, but is does not work at all. I've created a swap partition with 512 MB and a / partition with 8 GB. When the installation script want to format the partition I'm receiving the following error:
    *
    Beim Einrichtender Swap-Partition ist ein fehler aufgetreten. Hier die Meldung von mkswap: error swap area needs to be at least 40kB Usage

    Any hints ?
    Joerg
    When you partitioned your drive did you set the type to 'swap' for your swap partition?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    In addition to the suggestion above did you initialize the /swap partition with mkswap if you created it properly the error seems to be saying something about that as well.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    thanks for your hints, but I've done all that. when I try to install knoppix 3.1 it works on the same partitioned space.

    I've tried it one more but now I'm receiving the error message while the installer tries to format the / filesystem with ext3.

    The messagethe translation from German)
    Returned disksize is sero. incomplete partition or partition table has not been reread after fdisk. you may need to reboot to solve the problem.

    In the meanwhile I think the problem is with version 3.3 to properly recognise my hardware. but why is 3.1 working ?

    regards
    Joerg

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
  3. can't create a file on the ntfs partition
    By faz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:29 PM
  4. Need to create partition - how?
    By Dave Sell in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
  5. How to create an extended DOS partition with cfdisk?
    By bigboss97 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 02:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module

$25.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP picture

NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP

$304.00