Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
I'm trying out Knoppix 3.3 on my G40 and I've run across 3 issues.
1. Broadcom 5901 FastEthernet Adaptor not recognized. KNoppix doesn't have a module for this. Anyone know where I can get one compiled for the 2.4.22-xfs kernel Knoppix uses? This is my most important issue, as I cannot use the laptop without network connectivity.
2. DRM Drivers not loading for Video. The laptop uses the 855GME chipset intended for Centrino applications (Although the laptop isn't a Centrino) and the drm drivers come back with a 'cannot allocate memory' error. With 8MB system ram dedicated to Video. Not a huge issue, as video performance is adequate, but I would like to fix this. I do suspect it's an issue with X being older than the Chipset, due to XF86's glacial release cycle.
3. WinModem doesn't work. No big deal. Don't use the damned thing anyways.
Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
When you said: pdate: "Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine." what was done.. i have the problem right now.
Thanks.
Sorry... it was only a not thinking moment. I am just downloading the linux drivers from broadcom.
Thanksñ.

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
$280.00