Kenny, do you think you could post your /etc/lilo.conf here?
Sounds like you have two lines calling Windows. Should be simple enough to correct.
I have win98se on partition 1,
knoppix on partition 2, swap on partition 3.
Turn on machine, lilo comes up, default is set to windows
partition. If I choose knoppix, it boots fine. If I choose
windows or just let it time-out and boot windows, I get
the following message.
Loading hda1
Starting Windows 98
File not found
It then continues and loads win98se fine. I would like to know
how to edit out the file that it isn't finding just to get rid
of the "file not found" msg. Where is the file that lilo uses
and where is it? I looked in the lilo config file but I'm afraid
to mess with it much. All I have done is use fips to partition
the disk and then use knoppix cd to install knoppix. Then I
edited the lilo file to make windows the default (for the
wife). No biggie, I just like for things to load and run without
errors. Thanks. Please excuse my lack of knowledge.
kenny
Kenny, do you think you could post your /etc/lilo.conf here?
Sounds like you have two lines calling Windows. Should be simple enough to correct.
vga=791
lba32
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda2
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
map=/boot/map
delay=20
prompt
timeout=150
append="hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi apm=power-off nomce"
default="Windows(hda1)"
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
label=Linux
read-only
image=/vmlinuz.old
label=LinuxOLD
read-only
optional
other=/dev/hda1
label="Windows(hda1)"
(I cut "Windowns(hda1)" from
the last line and pasted it up
in the default line, that is the
only change I've made to the file.
When I copied and pasted it here I
deleted the # lines to save space.)
Thanks for taking a look.
kenny
I may be missing something, but the only thing that looks questionable to me is the quotes and maybe the parenthesis, I would edit your /etc/lilo.conf file (after backing it up) and change:
default="Windows(hda1)"
and
label="Windows(hda1)"
to:
default=Windows
and
label=Windows
and see if that gets rid of the error.
Note: in linux if an error doesn't cause problems it may be best to ignore it!
HTH
~rock
Rock,
Tried your suggested changes, didn't work.
Now I'm going with your last comment and just ignore the error since
it works!
thanks for replying. Moving on to my next problem.....getting
a logitech webcam to work. Might save that for a loooong weekend!

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$239.99
CWVK X86-P2 Fanless Firewall Mini PC J4125 16GB RAM Dual Intel i226-V 2.5GbE
$184.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99