Hi,
no idea, but you can do this after the installation.
It would be a nice option during the installation to be able to select partitions for eg /home /usr /root ...
Perhaps it could be integrated in knoppix-installer.
mfg apo![]()
I am now confirmed as a Linux fan, windows banished completely on laptop and desktop.
Now I have a question, I have read that it is possible to have seperate partitions for /var /opt /home /. How does one do this with a fresh empty hard disk?
Is it prefereable to make partitions before installing Linux?
like
/
/var
/opt
/home
then run the installation?
Hi,
no idea, but you can do this after the installation.
It would be a nice option during the installation to be able to select partitions for eg /home /usr /root ...
Perhaps it could be integrated in knoppix-installer.
mfg apo![]()
Excuse my ignorance.
You mean to say that even though I have a current installation, with a /home directory that I can make a a new partition, call it home, move all my data from the current /home directory?
Can I then delete the current /home?
Nothing else to do?
That would be interesting, but how does Linux know where /home is afterwards?
Hi Buttersoft,
look here:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...PartitionHowTo
Ciao Martin
Thanks Martin, Perfect - just the info I needed.
qt-parted is a great program to partition a new drive -- either for use to prep a Knoppix HD install or for other uses such as building your own external HD. So many good uses for Knoppix, I love it.
there is real lack of simple steps for a newbie!![]()
problem here is it assumes you have installed knoppix, i just want to use QtParted to re partition a drive with windoze,using live knoppix CD
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...PartitionHowTo

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Cisco WS-X6904-40G-2T 4-Port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
$299.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99