Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Broadband dialup

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5

    Broadband dialup

    Hello
    i have been using Knoppix for a while now and I like it a lot. I partly use it as an emergency OS. However, my problem is I have just recently moved over to broadband. This cam with a Alcatel Speedtouch USB ADSL modem. Knoppix doesn't appear to recognize it. Is there any way I can configure Knoppix to use this modem?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Hi, I have no experience with it myself, but I noticed morphix
    has a speedtouch "mini-module". Perhaps you could try that?
    See http://www.morphix.org

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    According to http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/index.html,
    this driver has been incorporated in the standard kernel as of 2.4.22.
    So any 0903+ Knoppix should work. Could you confirm, please?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5
    I downloaded the latest Knoppix and tried to boot that. However i get this error message while hotplug is searching for devices.

    insmod: a module named atm already exists
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/net/atm/atm.0 failed

    insmod: speedtch failed

    the message is repeated twice then Knoppix just freezes and I have to force a reboot. My mobo does have one of those modem riser things which I tried to turn off in the Bios but I still get this same error message.

Similar Threads

  1. Dialup: works from CD or as root, not otherwise
    By RobertB in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
  2. how to install dialup modem??
    By tsitras in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 11:52 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 06:09 AM
  4. knoppix 3.3 won't open modem or dialup
    By daytek in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 04:38 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module picture

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module

$66.31



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99