-
Can i use knoppix of a hard drive.? Without Installing.
I just have one question, it seems logical to me but im new to linux and not sure of how to do this. Is there a way that I can copy the Knoppix cd contents, onto a hard drive. And simply boot like knoppix off cd does. (I like the simplicity of this instead of running a debian install.) I know how to do this in windows, but I dont know where to start in linux. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
A Debian install can be pretty intimidating, but installing Knoppix onto a partition isn't difficult at all.
Lots of stuff here under Docs (above) especially:
http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html
-
I think I forgot to add some information, the purpose for this is that i have an old 450 mhz machine laying around with a 1.2 gig hard drive (not big enough to run knx-hdinstall.) And running off the cd is rather slow on this computer, the cd drive is barely fast enough to handle a cd-r. So all I'm wondering is, if it is possible to simple put the knoppix "image" onto the hard drive and boot that way. Not even sure if it is. Thanks for the help though.
-
Nevermind I figured it out, I'm retarded.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo
if anyone else is to impatient to try looking first.
Similar Threads
-
By linuxnewbie01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:55 AM
-
By Bubba in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By Andy from Somerset in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 07:31 PM
-
By sridharb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00