When I start knoppix, it says error, only one processor detected, and doesnt' do much after that. What gives?
When I start knoppix, it says error, only one processor detected, and doesnt' do much after that. What gives?
Hmm. This error means that eg. You have MotherBoard/Bios/Processor capable of being SMP.
It is not an error - just an information from kernel.
Is it showing anything else after that information?
Something like Accessing Knoppix ... at [/dev/sth]
Tell me on what machine you are trying to run Knoppix?
Try to experiment with various cheat codes <F2> on splash-screen.
Downloaded the newest version. Now, it gets past that part, and about a quarter of the wallpaper shows up, but it says that I don't have enough free memory to run KDE. That's impossible because I havce a gig of RAM. I'm running this on a Gateway system.
Boot with the cheat code knoppix mem=1024M to tell it exactly how much memory you have.Originally Posted by JmanA9

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00
GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00