-
Senior Member
registered user
sorry for my enlish, but actually I meant I want to dump Mandrake in favor of Debian (again, tried mdk 8.2 but really went linux with knoppix 3.1)
I fully agree on what you say - imho they should (have) base(d) Mandrake on debian. I know they did consider it...
And well, you say they are too commercial - well, I can handle that, they need some money to pay for the development. but I think they should try to involve the community a bit more, like red hat does with fedora.
yeah, as soon as knoppix comes out with 2.6.x and kde 3.2, I'm goin' for a reinstall of debian.
Pitty it costs alot more work to get some things working... but when they do, you dont have to re-do it.
Similar Threads
-
By ijuz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 12:41 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 46
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By rigurat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 10:30 AM
-
By Megagun in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00