-
init: must be run as PID 1
Running Knoppix from a boot USB stick:
My preference is not the default start mode (X) but at the plainest possible bash console.
By editing syslinux.cfg appropriately I've been able to manage this since about v.3!
For the moment in this version (v.9.1) this trick eludes me - I'll try again later.
So, I'm trying another pathway that has worked in the past.
In the root terminal in X (i.e. as root) type
$ init 1 <Enter>
and Hey Presto I am out of X, but still logged in as root, and at the plain bash console.
BUT: now the "init 1" request results in this message:
init: must be run as PID 1
and I am still in X.
So: please can anybody
(a) supply a tweaked syslinux.cfg that starts KNOPPIX in ultra-basic mode?
or (b) supply a workaround that will permit init 1 if started in X mode?
or (ideally) both??
Thank you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU
$385.00