-
hdd install using multiple partitions
I have without any problem used knx-hdinstall (0.3
to install clusterknoppix (vers 3.2.2003-05-20)to a hdd from a cd.
As it is a 20gb hdd I had already created multiple partitions in a previous Debian install. Cfdisk showed them as available and in the create file system the script asks which one to use for a root partition. (I believe I could have created the same number of partitions in cfdisk as part of the install if they were not pre existing)
The problem is the install only copies all the files to that single partition and at no time did I have the opportunity to elect to use any of the others for /usr /var /tmp etc .
The fact that a second hdd was also available never arose.
I believe it is possible to move filesystems to new partitions as a standard Linux administrative task, and then mount them in fstab at boot up however my efforts to do this have ended up in a mess to the point that a reinstall was quicker and easier.
So far I have not found any relevant documentation to help and my understanding of the script is not good. Some documentation on this site comes close ie creating another /home but I am looking at using about 12 partitions.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By watar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By d3viant in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 09:15 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 12:23 PM
-
By noxfu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 08:31 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99