Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS

    Anyone interested in using the Mips version of Linux to create a PS2 knoppix CD? How hard would this be? Any steps in the right direction would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872

    Re: Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS

    Quote Originally Posted by stelman
    Anyone interested in using the Mips version of Linux to create a PS2 knoppix CD? How hard would this be? Any steps in the right direction would be appreciated
    How does PS2 boot into the CD ? If there is a MIPS based debian distribution tree, it is possible. Things that needs to be changed are(as far as I can tell) :

    1. cloop driver(and user space tools), of course it needs to be recompile as I don't think debian comes with it.

    2. hardware detection, this shouldn't be needed as PS2 should have well known hardware so instead of doing the detection, just use a fixed module list.

    3. What X-server to use ? This I am not sure but I assume there is such a thing.

    I am interested in this too but it is not high in my list, Xbox is above it. The reason is that I got the impression that I have to add some hardware before I can use linux on PS2, is that true ? If not, I may switch the order as the form factor of PS2 is much better than XBOX.

Similar Threads

  1. C compiled files with Knoppix
    By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
  2. Running compiled files
    By kepler in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
  3. Compiled 2.6.5 and mouse acts weird
    By linuxkid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 04:56 AM
  4. Request for MPPE compiled in...
    By Vermyndax in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:05 PM
  5. Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC
    By Sport in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00