Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Citrix question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Citrix question

    Being a newbie I have a question on a subject that has come up a lot and still, I'm not sure how to do it

    I want to create a Knoppix CD with Citrix on it. Reading the posts here I got the feeling that quite a few people did this. I just don't know how exactly to do it.

    I found on the web some HOWTO's and I guess I could manage to create my Knoppix CD. The thing I don't know is how to add Citrix on it ?

    I downloaded the .tar.gz file and I know I can install it with ./setupwfc. The question is: where should I install it in order to pick it up when I create the new .iso ?

    Do I have to change the default installation path ? Do I have to change anything else

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    There are quite a few how-to's out there already so I don't think that writing another is necessary. I do remasters from hdd- not from a live booted cd so this may not apply to you verbatim. Basically you do this:

    Boot into Linux from hdd.
    copy /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX to a partition on your hard drive.
    Mount the drive with KNOPPIX on it (if it isn't already mounted).
    chroot into KNOPPIX
    mount -t proc /proc proc
    You may want to get networking going at this point.
    Now, since you've changed root over to your remaster all you need to do is build Citrix as you normally would. Everything executed in chroot stays right there in your remaster.

    Then make your .iso, toast it up and away you go.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    I thought it would be easier to tweak Knoppix if I installed it on the HDD, so I did it.

    I removed packages and I added some. I'll add a few more things and then I'm done. I'm ready to create an iso from the HDD.

    The problem is that I couldn't find any HOWTOs for remastering from HDD. I read some posts saying that it's easy, some that it's difficult...

    And I still don't have a clue how to do it. I could try remaster from the CD, but since I already have a great custom Knoppix on my HDD I would like to use it for remastering.

    How could I do it ? Is there any link to a HOWTO ? Please help Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Closer to KNOPPIX CITRIX CD
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 08:21 PM
  2. [klik] Citrix ICA Client
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 09:42 PM
  3. Citrix
    By cvccrkoslo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:35 AM
  4. Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 11:57 AM
  5. ICA (Citrix) plugin script
    By true1ever in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



CISCO CVR-X2-SFP10G X2 to SFP+ 10GB 74-6321-03 Converter Module *Lot of 14” picture

CISCO CVR-X2-SFP10G X2 to SFP+ 10GB 74-6321-03 Converter Module *Lot of 14”

$115.19