Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: modprobe and x11

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    chester,mass
    Posts
    7
    I am going to try this tonight, thanks for the new cheat code.

    I am using direcway 2-way satellite for my internet provider. Knoppix does not see the onboard network interface but I can get online using windows. Where do I go to detect the motherboard network interface once Knoppix is running? Everything I have tried tells me - no network card detected. I know this is because one is not installed, just the one on the motherboard. Any way to add this like the windows add/remove hardware?

    Knoppix is great! I can't wait to buy another hard drive and load it in for good.

    thanks, john

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    ' ifconfig ' displays the current interfaces.
    ' netcardconfig ' configures your network settings.
    ' pppoeconf ' sets up your DSL.

    Quote Originally Posted by jnoblesr
    I am going to try this tonight, thanks for the new cheat code.

    I am using direcway 2-way satellite for my internet provider. Knoppix does not see the onboard network interface but I can get online using windows. Where do I go to detect the motherboard network interface once Knoppix is running? Everything I have tried tells me - no network card detected. I know this is because one is not installed, just the one on the motherboard. Any way to add this like the windows add/remove hardware?

    Knoppix is great! I can't wait to buy another hard drive and load it in for good.

    thanks, john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:18 AM
  2. modprobe and insmod
    By wachka in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 05:39 PM
  3. modprobe: FATAL [...] snd_intel_8x
    By Bobert in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 06:48 AM
  4. modprobe i2c-isa via686a
    By mhelleboid in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2003, 10:25 AM
  5. Modprobe problem after hdd install
    By PhilMills in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands

$249.95



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119 picture

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119

$292.92



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10 picture

Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10

$350.00



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras

$149.99



Original Apple Mouse IIc Box Only Vintage 1985 picture

Original Apple Mouse IIc Box Only Vintage 1985

$40.00



VINTAGE APPLE II PLUS VIDEX ENHANCER II MODIFIED KEYBOARD OVERLAY MICROSCI picture

VINTAGE APPLE II PLUS VIDEX ENHANCER II MODIFIED KEYBOARD OVERLAY MICROSCI

$200.00



Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different picture

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different

$99.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage

$99.00