Quote Originally Posted by phillfri
Search this site for WUSB12. You'll find some hints.
Also go to file /usr/share/doc/linux-wlan-ng/README.Debian.gz.
This will explain the settings for the network interfaces file.
Mind you, this driver only works for version 2.5 of the Prism chip.
Some newer Linksys USB adapters use a different chip.
But I managed to get my WUSB12 working using these instructions.
The WUSB11 also uses the Prism 2.5 chips and same drivers, I've read.

Unfortunately, I had to do a hard drive install to make these changes.
When I tried to edit the files indicated in the instructions, I could not
do so on the CD. But I'm new at this too, so maybe you'll figure
out how to do that. I wanted a hard drive Debian install anyway.
phillfri,

I got my wusb12 working some time ago, but was never able to get encryption working. Were you able to enable it? It would be nice if the wusb12 was auto configured in Knoppix.