Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help! blank screen on install v3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Help! blank screen on install v3.3

    I am a newbie to Knoppix having tried out Red Hat previously and failed dismally to get it to network with my XP machine so I am trying out Knoppix.
    I have downloaded 3 different ISO and run chksum so they are all OK but everyone without fail wont boot at all. On one machine I have I get a load of panic messages and then it locks up and on the other machine I hit boot.. and just get a blank screen with nothing happening at all.

    Can anyone offer help to someone who wants to try linnux but is being foiled at every attempt.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    chester,mass
    Posts
    7
    I had the same problem until I tried one of the cheat codes. When you see the boot screen look for the help (F2) Then try one of them. I was advised by ( richenbacherus ) to use failsafe , I also have had luck with using boot: knoppix noagp . I hope this helps, now I need to have knoppix see my network interface on my motherboard. Once that is solved I can go online and use Mozzilla.


    take care, john

Similar Threads

  1. Blank Screen
    By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
  2. Blank Boot Screen
    By kirupa in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 09:33 PM
  3. all i get is a blank screen??
    By slime101 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
  4. Screen blank after almost loaded
    By andker333 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
  5. Mid-install blank screen
    By delautier in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99