Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: new to linux... slight graphics prob

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3

    new to linux... slight graphics prob

    Hi there! I"m new to knoppix........ actually linux alltogether.. and I like what I see so far! I have a couple of questions that I hope to have answered before I make the switch and install it on my hard drive.
    When I am in knoppix, the graphics looks fine on the desktop and in some apps, but programs like mozilla, gaim, falcons eye, and a few other apps, the colours and distort and look really grainy,making it impossible to see what is written on my screen. Is there a way to fix this? I have my screen resolution set at 800x600, using a s3trio 2d video card, and my monitor is a samtron,
    If I could find the screencapture app, I could show you what I mean here.
    I hope someone is kind enough to help me here and I"m tired of using M$ 98!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Screen Capture...

    Hey there;

    I don't know how to slove your graphics problem, but there is a screen capture program included with Knoppix. KSnapshot is located in Multimedia > Graphics > More Programs.

    At least that way you can show us all what you mean.

    And DON'T give up! GNU/Linux, especially Debian, and of Debian ESPECIALLY Knoppix is a very worthwhile and rewarding experience.... Just got to get through the learning curve!

    Good Luck,

    Civ

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3
    ok... I found the screencapture app, now I just have to figure out how to get the capture OUT of knoppix and INTO windows, so i can upload it to my website and then link it to here... I saved the capture in jpg format, then to /mnt/hda1/ but how the heck do i find that in win 98??

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady1030
    ok... I found the screencapture app, now I just have to figure out how to get the capture OUT of knoppix and INTO windows, so i can upload it to my website and then link it to here... I saved the capture in jpg format, then to /mnt/hda1/ but how the heck do i find that in win 98??
    That would be your C: drive.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3
    here's what i mean... hope it works it's Mozilla.. not looking quite right


    What causes this?

Similar Threads

  1. ppmtolss prob
    By mithereal in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 09:07 AM
  2. Booting Prob
    By brian_bizzle in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 04:07 AM
  3. TV-Out Prob
    By bsaber in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 07:46 PM
  4. Detecting "Slight" Mouse Movement
    By ljd5120 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:39 PM
  5. openoffice prob
    By M_N_M in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00