I can boot into it fine, however it does not recognize my Wusb11 ver 2.6 wireless adapter, so I have no internet connection. I did however download the drivers for the adapter, maybe that is what is lacking? Any help would be appreciated.
I can boot into it fine, however it does not recognize my Wusb11 ver 2.6 wireless adapter, so I have no internet connection. I did however download the drivers for the adapter, maybe that is what is lacking? Any help would be appreciated.
If this is a hard drive install, you really should be posting somewhere else.
You need to build the drivers. What does the readme say? Where are you stuck?
If this is a wireless Ethernet adaptor, you had best pray it isn't based on a 3Com design, those *expleditive* have out and out said that they will not support linux with drivers for their 802.11x cards.
Otherwise, the support typically should be installed. My Asus card works like a dream. Sorry I can't be more helpful on this one, but keep us up to date, and don't give up. Linux may equal freedom, but that's at a 30% learning premium.
Civ
So I didn't want to just leave you at that, and did a little looking. If you can figure out the man's Portu-English, a solution for a Debian solution seems to be to follow some instructions on this page:
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermai...ry/008912.html
May not help too much if you're not a HD install. Otherwise, you'll have to create your own Knoppix CD, but that's not too tough.
Good luck!
Civ
Thanks civil. I am going to fool around with those amtel drivers. I just don't really understand the read me, it seems to be for someone who has a little more existing knowledge than myself.
Wish me luck!
I tried the drivers, what I done is copied them from my windows partition to my desktop, opened a terminal, and in the readme it said to type "make config" I did that and it said I do not have permission. I did "su" and tried it as root. Same thing. Maybe I can't install the drivers because I am only booting from the cd?

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00