-
Accessing Persistent Storage after Booting into Knoppix?
IS it possible to access persistent storage device (.knoppix.img) after booting into Knoppix?
I am not able to use my Sony Microvault 128MB USB with Knoppix. It mounts only as:
/dev/sda
I have to type:
mount /dev/sda /mnt/(whatever)
I would like to make my Sony Microvault as the persistent storage!!! Please address this issue fast. I have bought it after spending a lot of money.
I made my Hard Disk as the persistent storage. Then I copied the .knoppix.img file onto the Sony Microvault. At boot up time, I typed, knoppix home=/dev/sda. It accesses the file and asks me for the password (I am using Knoppix-MIB). After entering the password, it gives an error saying that /dev/sda does not exist, or something like that. Is there a way I can give a specified mount directory on boot up to make it work? Also can I see the contents of .knoppix.img file after I have booted into Knoppix. Because then I am able to mount the Sony Microvault successfully. I hope you look into this matter ASAP.
This issue has already been brought up by another Knoppix user.
The link is:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5121#24633
Similar Threads
-
By nick666 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:19 PM
-
By T in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 01:17 AM
-
By castlesoft in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 06:20 AM
-
By sdstern in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 07:45 PM
-
By KnoppIXuser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00