Quote Originally Posted by dave52355
OK, I've decided I'm like really stupid cause I just can't get it! I trashed out my hd install of Knoppix trying to install superkaramba. (Its become a mission now) Keep getting dependancy errors need lib1 you have lib2 type stuff, and lib2 is newer than lib 1 go figure. I have apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to the point my hard drive is ready to smoke. Is there any easy way to do this that a dumb noobe as myself could do. Or is this one of those unreachable things?

Thanks
While there are some applications that are uninstallable when in the situation you are it is ususlly best to restrict your sources.list by commenting out the other options apt has for the packages. I see that superkaramba is in unstable so comment out your stable and testing sources then update and then try to install leaving apt no choice as to where it gets the packages from. If apt tells you it needs version 1.2.3 of a program from testing to accomplish the install then uncomment the testing sources update and apt-get install program=1.2.3 then comment out again update try to install repeat as many times as necessary to get the program to install.