-
Promise SATA150 TX4
I want to get KNOPPIX *installed* onto my new Raptor hard drive. The latest KNOPPIX release doesn't have the drive for my controller built-in.
I've downloaded the source code for the driver (here). Unfortunately, the driver does not 'make.' I presume that the read-only nature of the KNOPPIX cloop image may be a part of the reason, as well as not having the appropriate kernel source for the KNOPPIX kernel.
Can someone point me in the direction of the new kernel source .deb package (I only saw 2.4.21-xfs, not 2.4.22-xfs)? Assuming that I can get the kernel source and the drive file 'make's, will I need to add/modify and initrd image?
Any other possibilities ... that don't include using a hard drive not connected to my SATA controller? 
Thanks in advance.
-SUO
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Thanks for the link. I found the 2.4.22-xfs source in the /sources directory. Maybe that will make the driver compile a little happier.
-SUO
-
Update!
After mucking with the driver source code, I got the driver itself compiled. Now, I need to figure out how to build scsi.o and sd.o for 2.4.22-xfs and then integrate those files along with pdc618_mod.o into the initrd image used to boot the KNOPPIX CD. Sounds like fun, right?
With any luck, I'll try the modules-disk cheatcode to see if the whole modify-the-boot-image is even necessary.
-SUO
-
like knoppix so far SUOrangeman?
I found it about a month ago, and now I've gotten re-hooked on linux.
As far as another what i think may be a new hardware glitch, I've found on an intel 845 integrated mobo, that the alternate terminals seem to "glitch" out.. tho it's not really super new hardware.. so I'm a tad perplexed.
I think you and i exchanged emails once a few years back.. unless your another suorangeman, not from anandtech.
-
"I am Sourangeman ... of AnandTech"
Yes, I am indeed that same SUO. I've been mixing it up with Linux for both business and pleasure for several years now. I was introduced to Linux through RedHat and later moved over to Mandrake. Once I was no longer wet behind the ears, the advantages of Debian drew me in. KNOPPIX just takes Debian to the next level. I don't think I could ask for anything more (aside from getting this stuff onto my Raptor!)
-SUO
-
Still looking for some insight.
I I tried to forge ahead on my own. Too bad it didn't get me anywhere!
-SUO
Similar Threads
-
By navi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 08:27 PM
-
By briko in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By hamatoma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 04:13 PM
-
By academic in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By elbe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$34.94

Lot of 6 Arista SFP-10G-SR XVR-00001-02 10GBASE-SR 850nm 10Gb Transceivers
$44.98

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99