Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Sending faxes to remote hylafax server

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21

    Sending faxes to remote hylafax server

    Hi all,

    I have knoppix 3.3 installed on my laptop (hd install).
    Now I want to send faxes using kdeprintfax. I configured the kdeprintfax util to use a remote hylafax server, but when I press send it gives me the following error:

    -----------------
    Sending fax via /usr/bin/sendfax -n -h '192.168.2.1' -x '' -c '' -f '' -d ''@'1234567890' '/tmp/kde-user/kdeprint_GooExCG'

    /bin/bash: line 1: /usr/bin/sendfax: No such file or directory
    ------------------

    Now does this mean I should have a local sendfax that talks to the remote sendfax on the hylafax server?

    Do you have an idea?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    I am not exactly sure how this program is supposed to work, but i would say to try getting "sendfax".

    apt-get install sendfax

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by rneff
    apt-get install sendfax
    Nope, not found...

    But I do not know if I really need a local sendfax on my laptop.

    Basically the question/problem is:

    1. Is a local sendfax on my laptop needed to communicate with a remote hylafax server?
    2. Is the error messages initiated by my laptop or by the remote hylafax server?

    Thanks for any advise.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21
    Ok, I found it...

    By default there is nos sendfax bundeled with knoppix, and using knoppix as a fax client to Hylafax you need it plus a few other files. This is what I did:

    My Hylafax server is a RedHat distro. I copied the following files to my laptop: (as root)

    /usr/bin/sendfax
    /usr/lib/libfaxutil.so

    Created the directory /etc/hylafax and copied:

    /etc/hylafax/pagesizes
    /etc/hylafax/typerules

    ...and it simply works. I did not change any defaults on the kdeprintfax command line presented by the system. No other fiddling was needed

    I guess the above files have to come from the hylafax server to match exact same versions. Haven't tested other versions yet.

    I hope it's usefull to others

    Thanks for the attention.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems sending/attaching files in email using Linux
    By francisgirard in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
  2. Telnet server or remote TTY console
    By closet_rambo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:34 PM
  3. ATI TV wonder pro w/remote
    By toxic_d in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 03:16 PM
  4. LCP: timeout sending config-requests
    By ericia in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 11:29 PM
  5. Failed sending email
    By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573) picture

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)

$149.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99