-
Junior Member
registered user
unable to find cdrecord executable
I have run the k3b setup a few times, searched for solutions to this problem also. I am using k3b. I keep getting the "unable to find cdrecord executable error", then it tells me to install it from something called cdrtools or something like that. What am I doing wrong?
I really don't want to be tied to having to do it from a rootshell. I am brand new, so be gentle with me.
Running knoppix 3.3 via CD.
Thanks
-
Junior Member
registered user
Type "which cdparanoia". If it is found on the system (in the $PATH) the response will let you know exactly where.
If you have installed Knoppix (Debian) to your HD, su to root and then type "apt-get install cdparanoia" and it will be fetched and installed for you.
hw
-
Junior Member
registered user
got it working as root
I went to a root shell and typed "k3b" without quotes. That worked perfecly
I did do the cmd that you mentioned. It came up with /user/bin/cdparanoia
I could get to that dir, but I am unclear as to what I should do with this information. Do I add it as a path? I ask this because everything seems to be ok when I run in a shell as root and I am also running off of CD.
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: unable to find cdrecord executable
--I think Klaus fixed this in the 9-24 rev.

Originally Posted by
extradudeguy
I have run the k3b setup a few times, searched for solutions to this problem also. I am using k3b. I keep getting the "unable to find cdrecord executable error", then it tells me to install it from something called cdrtools or something like that. What am I doing wrong?
I really don't want to be tied to having to do it from a rootshell. I am brand new, so be gentle with me.
Running knoppix 3.3 via CD.
Thanks
-
I did the following two commands as a root user:
root#chmod u+s /usr/bin/cdrecord
root#chmod o+x /usr/bin/cdrecord
with this changes I could start k3b as knoppix user without complaints.
BUT, is this secure?
Elias
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
etahhan
I did the following two commands as a root user:
root#chmod u+s /usr/bin/cdrecord
root#chmod o+x /usr/bin/cdrecord
with this changes I could start k3b as knoppix user without complaints.
BUT, is this secure?
Elias
That is how the permission are supposed to be set you have just corrected the error.
Similar Threads
-
By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:18 PM
-
By kayodeok in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 05:05 PM
-
By mooseman in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By Johnny3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 09:01 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03
$99.95

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$678.00

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S
$35.00