Sure you can. .deb's are just packages. I'm not familiar with XPDE but once you chroot into your remaster then just build it like you'd build any other application. Of course if you wanted you could make yourself a .deb and then install it that way.
There's something out there that is currently not available in deb. Is there anyway to use non-deb files for a remaster?
In case you were curious, I'm attempting XPDE as the desktop environment
Sure you can. .deb's are just packages. I'm not familiar with XPDE but once you chroot into your remaster then just build it like you'd build any other application. Of course if you wanted you could make yourself a .deb and then install it that way.

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00