-
application font of OpenOffice has gone
Hi all,
can somebody help me with this problem, please:
I installed knoppix on my laptop harddisk, which
was quite easy, thanks alot for that to the guys who made the knoppix CD!
I have Windows2000 installed on the same disk, so
I installed windows2000 fonts into OpenOffice using spadmin,
following the instructions from http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=font.
But now I don't see any text labels in the OpenOffice applications anymore.
It seems that the X server does not find the font?!
I called spadmin as root, and strange is, that as user 'root' the OpenOffice
apps work fine (text is visible), but as user 'knoppix' not.
Any help is appreciated
-
Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?
-
Yes, that was it! Owner and permissions were wrong. I changed them and it worked!
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By gaebler in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-19-2004, 11:04 AM
-
By dickgug in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By urpk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 02:40 AM
-
By winter009 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:31 AM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99