Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: application font of OpenOffice has gone

  1. #1
    trinity
    Guest

    application font of OpenOffice has gone

    Hi all,

    can somebody help me with this problem, please:

    I installed knoppix on my laptop harddisk, which
    was quite easy, thanks alot for that to the guys who made the knoppix CD!

    I have Windows2000 installed on the same disk, so
    I installed windows2000 fonts into OpenOffice using spadmin,
    following the instructions from http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=font.

    But now I don't see any text labels in the OpenOffice applications anymore.
    It seems that the X server does not find the font?!
    I called spadmin as root, and strange is, that as user 'root' the OpenOffice
    apps work fine (text is visible), but as user 'knoppix' not.

    Any help is appreciated

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida, US
    Posts
    41
    Permissions problem on the new fonts. Change the permissions. so everybody and use them. Also where the fonts installed as root?

  3. #3
    trinity
    Guest
    Yes, that was it! Owner and permissions were wrong. I changed them and it worked!

    Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 11:04 AM
  2. What console font does Knoppix use?
    By dickgug in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 03:57 PM
  3. Regarding font installation
    By urpk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 02:40 AM
  4. How can I use a font
    By winter009 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:31 AM
  5. Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org
    By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



VINTAGE Digital Equipment DEC 50-19464-02 2 MB 100 ns SIMM 5019464-02 picture

VINTAGE Digital Equipment DEC 50-19464-02 2 MB 100 ns SIMM 5019464-02

$40.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00