-
trouble with persistent home directory
I have created a persistent home directory on one of my hard drives and i saved my system info to it as well and even if use "Knoppix home=/dev/hda2 myconf=/dev/hda2" it refuses to load up the user Knoppix from /dev/hda2.....do i need to reset Knoppix's home directory to this drive now?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have a cd handy to check out ... so I'm going from memory ...
but, is the boot parameter:
home=/dev/hda2
or is it:
myhome=/dev/hda2
I have used a zip drive for my home and config files at school and it worked OK, but it's been a while back.
~rock
-
I have the boot parameter correct...its just not loading up the desktop that is saved on that partition! I've tried changing the users home directory in Kuser and i've tried modifying the knoppix.sh file manually and no luck...
-
can any body give me a hand here...
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Geof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board
$145.00

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage Microtek Megabit Rev 3 Memory Expansion Board 8-Bit ISA RAM Card IBM PC
$79.00

Intel i860 Microprocessor CPU Vintage A80860XR-33 Processor. 20 CPU’s
$999.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$59.99

Vintage NCD N-97 Hi-Tek Linear White Space Invader Keyboard
$120.00

Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working
$55.55

Vintage Computer Adapter Board with Bracket
$19.00