-
What to do after installation?
Greetings everyone,
Being used to a Red Hat install, I was used to part of it's installation that set up a firewall for you....
This got me to thinking.... what steps should one follow after a Knoppix HDD install?
These things come to my mind:
- configuration of a personal firewall
- updating the system
- removing unnecessary applications.
I think I sort of know now how ty update my system... but how does one go about configuring and using a personal firewall.?
I'd also appreciate tips, tricks, and information on the post-installation routine....
Anyway, thanks a million and I'm absolutely glad I'm typing on a Debian / Knoppix platform right now...[/list]
Similar Threads
-
By Jan_L in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 03:16 PM
-
By djtwok in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By publiusi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 03:59 PM
-
By appel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00