-
Knoppix - File Server Edition
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the fourm, and a somewhat new to the linux community. I know that you guys provide very good tech support, and solutions to much of problems listed.
The problem I experience is that I like much switch to linux because of the flexibility, open-source, and sercurity aspects. I have ran my file server under Linux, but for the most part, failed at setting it up to be a useful machine.
Could some one take 1-3 hours to produce a knoppix distro with the following.
KDE
Network Utils - NMAP, etc.
Network Sharing - Samba, SWAT, Samba Client
Network Servers - DHCP, DNS, WEB,
Other utils nessesary to setup samba, and configure it
Other features could include SWAT to be running as a default service,
At first login, run a Network Config Wizard to enable / disable running services, as well as to config them.
I thank you for taking the time to read this..
If you have a suggestion on different distros that already do this, I would appriciate a link.
Thanks WIL
Similar Threads
-
By ckapsl in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 05:50 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum News
Replies: 144
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:27 PM
-
By gazelle in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 06:04 AM
-
By emanuelez in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:06 PM
-
By SwissSmurf in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95