-
Creating a floppy disk after hdd installation!
Hey guys!
First of all I have to say Knoppix rocks! I am really fasinated by it! I have a question about hdd installation. I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. I have a 30GB hard drive. I have 3 partitions on my hd. First one is the Dell Recovery parition. I did not touch that because, well... I can't think of any reason but I don't want to remove it. I have a 20GB C: parition for WinXP Pro and a the rest of my hd (about 8.5) for Knoppix. I have succesfuly installed Knoppix on my hard drive. Here's my question! Since my computer is a Laptop I did not have a floppy drive to create a bootable disk. Is it possible to boot my computer with Knoppix CD and make a bootable floppy disk? (I have to get a USB floppy drive from my friend!)
The reason I want to do this is to be able to have both WinXP and Knoppix Linux on my computer and be able to choose which one to boot my computer from on the startup. So my second question is how can I have both of them (XP and Knoppix) on my computer and be able to start my computer with them?
Thanks you.
Similar Threads
-
By mark.johnson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:07 PM
-
By mskogly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM
-
By dfuchs in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-28-2003, 05:30 PM
-
By Mr. Bird Poo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By jnowlin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58