or can anyone tell me how to give a user root access?
Hey guys,
I've got a problem, the inetd was running before and i was able to login as root so i was able to ftp to /var/www.
I had to restart my knoppix server (i've got a hdd install) and inetd was not working anymore.
So i deleted hosts.allow/deny and it worked again, but there was one problem:
I can't login as root anymore.
and when i login as knoppix i only see 3 directories and can't get to /var/wwwCode:421-Server disabled. 421 Reason: Root login not allowed.
I really need to get there cause there is my current website located
Someone any idea how to solve this by ssh?
I can't get to my knoppix server as it is in a other country.
Thanks in advance.
Michael
or can anyone tell me how to give a user root access?
most likey the location is /etc
there should be file /etc/ftp.users
edit this file and delete the line with "root"
this file restricts the users mentioned in them
delete user root and save the file and you are all set
happy ftp'ing
--Actually it is /etc/ftpusers.
--Note: You really DO NOT WANT to be able to login as root over ftp. This allows your box to be easily hacked if it IS enabled.
--If you need root access to anything, login as a regular user over ssh and su. You maybe able to edit the /etc/proftpd.conf file (or whatever the name is, I switched to vsftpd so not sure anymore) to redefine the default ftp dir.
Originally Posted by certifieduser
thanks a lot for your reaction.
I tried but didn't work, it works for other users but root is still not allowed.
I have a serious problem now i was developing a website and has to be done before the 12th of november please help!
Thanks in advance,
michael
Thanks!
It worked after set DO_CHROOT="no" in /etc/bftpd.conf
Thanks a lot!

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99