Did you try as su or root):
This worked for me.Code:mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 -oremount,rw
Hello,
I have installed Knoppix on my HD, and it's working fine![]()
Just a problem for the hda1winslow98 access wich is mounted in root mode.
I tried to chmod 755 it, but, no result, I can accessing to it only as su.
if someone know the solution...![]()
Did you try as su or root):
This worked for me.Code:mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 -oremount,rw
I tried the command, but it has not worked
I found that in /etc/fstab, the hda1 entry was preceded by a # and the mode was noauto
After deleting # and converting noauto by auto & rebooting, it's working fine![]()
but...the floppy have the same problem, and the /etc/fstab entry is
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0 (with no #)
is it the same problem ? 2 advice are better than 1![]()
ThX
Normally you have to mount a floppy disk by hand, because each time you change the floppy it has to be unmounted before you remove it and mounted after youput the new one in.
Yes it works, and I'm happy that KNOPPIX does'nt use automount by default ; it's a source of problems with a lot of "big" linux distros.
Thank you![]()

HPE DL385 Gen10 Plus 2x EPYC 7513 1024GB DDR4 RAM 6x 6.4TB 2x 800G SAS 100G RAID
$54229.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
$280.00