knoppix is one of the most secure distro I have ever came accross.
bottom line. security is in the eye of beholder.
I had an opportunity to re-install Knoppix as the Debian type (option in 'knoppix-installer') and decided to check how secure the default configuration is. The last install I did I included Arno's firewall script and this did seem to be completely secure. So I used the Sygate scan website to check:-
http://scan.sygate.com
So, the default installation comes back with:-
UDP ports - 'open' 135 location service & 111 SUNPRC
TCP/IP ports - 'open' 68 ?, 111 SUNPRC and 631 ?
ICMP type 8 - open
Trojan scan - no results
Stealthscan - all ports closed but not 'stealthed' - i.e. visible
This doesn't seem to bad to me..... what do people out there think?
(I'll put Arno's script back on anyway!)
Stu.....
knoppix is one of the most secure distro I have ever came accross.
bottom line. security is in the eye of beholder.
If your are not satisfied with this results just install a firewall
for example firestarter and you will be able to close ports or stealth
them how you like, if you are just runnning from the cd I can almost not imaging a safer opportunity, but then if you are really paranoid
just disconnect your harddisk(still left something to be afraid off??)

8x Gold Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Transistor Cordwood Modules B2500/B5000
$149.95
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$79.00
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage ASUS SPAX-M w/ Socket 7 AMD-K6-2 64MB SDRAM
$79.96