-
the knoppix hd install detects hw differently
The knoppix hd install doesn't detect my usb mouse, while running it off of cd works great.
I tried doing an apt-get update
and an openoffice 1.1 install
the openoffice 1.1 is really nice! it worked!
(though I had to use it without my mouse, as I couldn't figure out the XF86Config)
and then I thought about doing an apt-get upgrade just for the heck of it... and then my hd got corrupted!
It passed a bad block detection...
Then I tried the debain install mode.
It didn't startx (knoppix mode did)
and network didn't work.. even when I modprobed 3c59x and did the netcard config
So... I just figured out that I have two net cards... but it didn't detect either...
a 3c905 pci anda 3c509 isa
its an amd k6 mmx
at 200 mhz
on a motherboard with the old AT keyboard... luckily I have one of those... and no ps2 ports..
but it does have integrated usb... but I don't have the riser... and I put in an extra usb card that I had lying arround.
anyway... I'm going to try the knx-installer next... then the knoppix-installer again and try to fiddle with settings.
(oh, debian mode, I'm going to fiddle with X a bit more before giving up)
s3 868 vesa mode
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU
$385.00