-
Re: Knoppix and Wireless
I am completely new to Knoppix but have a Dell 8500 laptop. I get Knoppix running ok on it but no wireless connection. Sounds like this is a solution but I have no idea how to get it onto the Knoppix CD. Could someone explain it to me as if I were a four year old? Thanks.

Originally Posted by
aay
Ok some people will like me posting this and some won't, because it's essentially it's a post about using closed sorce drivers. Moreover they are Windows drivers with wrappers. I can't resist however because it simply looks so interesting.
Anyone who has wanted to use 802.11g (Broadcom Chip) or Intel Centrino wireless with linux has basically been up the creek until now. But it looks like there is now an option to at least get these working.
If you fall into this category, check out the following page:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/
Linuxant has produced debs for their driver loader so the install shouldn't be hard. I don't yet have any requsite hardware to test these things on, but I would be interested in hearing the experiences of those who try to get their centrino wireless working.
Ok, now flame me for suggesting you use closed source.

Similar Threads
-
By JakReloaded in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
-
By zfirestone in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 10:31 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By tursiops in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65