-
my keyboard doesnt work
Hi
my keyboard doesnt work when i run linux knoppix from the CD.I tryed it on a diferent PC and it was OK.I did set it to US keyboard from the menu.Please anybody help.I am new to linux system......
Pavel
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: my keyboard doesnt work

Originally Posted by
tezkejbjes
Hi
my keyboard doesnt work when i run linux knoppix from the CD.
USB or PS2?
I tryed it on a diferent PC and it was OK.
You tried the keyboard on another pc?
I did set it to US keyboard from the menu.Please anybody help.I am new to linux system......
Pavel
As I understand it the keyboard doesn't work at all correct? Have you tried booting like this:
boot: knoppix 2
Obviously, if you can enter that line then the keyboard works on that machine. That will boot you into text mode. See of your keyboard works there. If it does then perhaps you have an X server configuration problem. If it doesn't work and it's a USB keyboard then perhaps search here for a way to resolve that. I recall others mentioning the same problem in the past. If it's PS2 and doesn't work in text mode then I have no idea. Does that keyboard work on that machine under wimpdoze?
Similar Threads
-
By superlyduper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:52 AM
-
By sweeper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By Wonko in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 02:48 AM
-
By Whatsup! in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:01 AM
-
By hamatoma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95