-
add new users that can login via X-windows
Hi,
I am very new to both Knopppix and linux, so I hope I'm not asking the obvious as I haven't found the answers in this forum section.
I have managed to remaster knoppix with plip and eth0 automounted with NFS between 2 CDs one server one client.
What I need to do is be able to add users to the remastered CDs and have the client CD force a X-windows login. I have added users by chrooting to the knoppix remaster environment and adduser, after creating the remastered copy and runnning it I can login with the new user but starting X-windows by 'startx' or '/etc/init.d/xsession' fails yet starting it with root works fine.
I would really appreciate any help that anyone could give me.
thanks
ted
Similar Threads
-
By dariuzzz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By knewbex in forum The Lounge
Replies: 31
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:26 AM
-
By Lucia in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
-
By jeremymeindl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 01:06 AM
-
By empanyc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00

*Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3 Network Security Firewall Appliance* Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3
$64.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99