-
Senior Member
registered user
I agree, I think the packages need a bit of work.
Just try installing kpat (the KDE solitaire game) to the KDE package that comes with Knoppix. It is going to REMOVE KDE and all existing KDE packages as part of installing this silly little game! I think what happens is it wants to upgrade some lib that is needed for all of KDE but to upgrade it it must first remove the existing lib which trashes everything that depends on it. and it doesn't know enough to restore them following the upgrade. I reported this to KDE as a bug but the response was it's a distribution problem not a KDE problem. I think the problem is actually with dpkg. I suppose I should try to report it but I haven't yet. Maybe they are already aware of it as the same problem arises with other KDE packages too.
Actually, I have had a lot of problems trying to upgrade packages and have learned to be very careful, apt-get & dpkg can turn into Freddy the package slasher real easy.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge 2950 EMS01 2U Server 6x 146GB 15K SAS PERC 5/i Dual PSU Xeon
$200.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95