-
newbie: remastering to get passwords and gui login
I've made my own remaster with gnome2.4 and trying to get XCFE4 (which won't boot for me) and a few other packages installed. I would like a better way to switch to the desktops than rebooting each time.
I'd like to get the login gui back with the list of window managers and users. Is there a setting I need to change (runlevel, autologin, or another script)?
I'd also like to get passwords back. How do I go about doing that?
Similar Threads
-
By flashfyre in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 05:55 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 09:15 AM
-
By wanderer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 04:36 PM
-
By merc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:00 PM
-
By hololi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00