-
No internet on blueyonder 600k service
Hi I am sure this has been asked a great deal before but none the less I have never used linux and only used the cd-rom a few days ago so forgive me if I sound like an extreme newbie (windows born and bred):
Like I said I got the cd-rom and installed, went smoothly until it was time for the internet,
surprise surprise no connection
I read some of the replies in this group on what to do:
I went back to windows did ipconfig noted the settings, ip address, gateway, gateway mask..came back to knoppix via the cd-rom and ran knoppix>netword card configuration from the lower left hand option and put in the settings I had obtained from windows...still nothing.
I then ran k-mail and put in the smtp, pop3 and username and password I use for the blueyonder service, I read somewhere here that kmail should help knoppix auto detect your network settings and let you on the net, am afraid still nothing.
So here I post, I have run out of ideas as to what to do to get my internet working on knoppix, I am on winxp
thanks for any help
Similar Threads
-
By emypisqua in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 09:14 PM
-
By mune in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By chunky in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
-
By manjo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:26 PM
-
By stevethayne in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 3 Toshiba Satellite Vintage Laptops - T2130CS, Pro 405CS, 110CS
$55.00

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD
$34.99

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer
$200.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

AfterTheMac MacWireless USB 802.11g/b WiFi Adapter Vintage Apple Mac G3 G4 G5
$49.99

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras
$149.99

MITS 8800 D/C BD REV 1 Blank Circuit Board PCB - Vintage Computer
$49.99

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$86.99

Vintage Gazelle Systems OP-Tune 1.3 Box Complete CIB Dual Floppy 3.5 5.25 DOS
$54.99