You can get rid of the 'one processor' arror like so:
boot: knoppix nosmp
I'm having a hard time visualizing a 'torn' screen but perhaps you should boot with a cheat code for your particular video card and chipset.
I installed knoppix 3.3. The boot screen came up with an error message
only one processer found. After boot screen knoppix page is torn. What is wrong. Monitor works fine in windows. Never had trouble with monitor.
You can get rid of the 'one processor' arror like so:
boot: knoppix nosmp
I'm having a hard time visualizing a 'torn' screen but perhaps you should boot with a cheat code for your particular video card and chipset.
Thanks cheat codes solved monitor problem. How do i start my modem?

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00