-

Originally Posted by
pbearseven
I am a noobie, so would you please explain how I would go about creating another partition for Knoppix. I do want to keep MD9.1.
I've just done this - with Mandrake & Knoppix on the same disk. But I keep spare space free for testing new distros and general messing about, so there was no problem - I made sure to tell knx-hdinstall to not overwrite my MBR with LILO, and added an option in Mandrake's LILO to boot it.
Without the luxury of spare space, you need to resize a partition to make some free space (I used 4GB for Knoppix). You can use GNU Parted for this, but be warned it is not for the faint of heart. If you are at all unsure about what you're doing, and can't afford to lose your Mandrake install then don't do it.
If you have a Windoze installation you could also try Partition Magic or similar to do the same thing... if they can resize ext2 or whatever your Mandrake uses, non-destructively. I forget. Good luck!
Andrew Preater
Similar Threads
-
By GenneX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:59 PM
-
By marijn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By williamb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:36 PM
-
By knoppixman2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 08:18 AM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00