-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
katsushiro
Well, it worked, almost perfectly.. I still haven't been able to get my USB mouse to work, but I've futzed it for the moment with a USB-to-PS2 adapter and it's working fne that way.. I'll figure out what exactly I need to enable or disable for it later.. but the sound is up and working once more, and as witnessed by this post, my network card's working again.. turns out it was a Realtek card.. and now that I have Net access again under the new kernel, I can actualy keep hunting for reason why the mouse seems to be dead on USB mode. Many thanks for the .config, that seems to have helped immensely. Now I gotta try out all the other stuff (my usual applications, the CD-RW, a couple games..) to make sure everything is working fine with the new kernel.. and maybe it's my imagination, but the dekstop seems a tad more responsive with 2.6.0-test9.. maybe it's that 'preemptible kernel' stuff. Thanks again!
The cdrw should work as well I have it setup for that and it works for mine you just need the normal hd?=ide-scsi in the append line in the lilo.conf replace the ? with the drive letter for it. Good luck on the usb I've recompiled so many times trying to get my UPS to show up it's not funny if you get it figured out let me know how you did it, I think it has something to do with how the devices are detected with the new modules-init setup and yes the desktop really is really snappy with the 2.6 kernel.
[edit]
Almost forgot in the config it is setup as a module for the udf packet writing for burners I have not tried to get it going yet but you might want to check into it.
[/edit]
Similar Threads
-
By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 08:15 PM
-
By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00