-
Asus A7N8X mb & the Nvidia NIC
I have tried to use the source - make - install procedure using the tat.gz on the Nvidia web site, but it errors out in the make install. I think that it may be because it wants the 2.20 kernel but Knoppix is using the 2.22 kernel. My question is there any way I can get the proper drivers for this nic using the stock kernel? I am not quite a complete newbie, but this is beyond me at this point in time.
BTW, am using the latest Knoppix cd - did a hdinstall so am now running from the hd.
Gale
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have a board to try any of this on myself but here is a link on that very subject that you may find useful.
-
Thank you! That looks to make a whole lot more sense than the NV docs. Will have to try it out tomorrow. Though I am still not sure how it will work with the "slightly" differrent kernel. Oh well, time will tell.
Gale
-
Just read thru it and see that it appears to be for a video driver. Unfortunatly what I need is the NIC driver.
Gale
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
For some people using an older 3.2 knoppix remaster that includes to nvnet driver, using teh cheatocodes:
knoppix noscsi
or
knoppix noapic
has helped. For other's, nothing has gotten it working. I honestly don't know what to say about the NIC on the Asus A7N8X's deluxe's. Some work, some don't, even when the driver is available.
My remaster, Overclockix, has nvnet installed from source and works for most people. But those deluxe boards..... <shakes head in consternation>
Similar Threads
-
By gandalf_1967 in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
-
By Yendor in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 05:59 PM
-
By ses101 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 10:52 PM
-
By earl92 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 12:32 AM
-
By Mica in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro E200-8D Xeon D-1528 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 2x10GbE X10SDV-6C-TLN4F w/ PSU
$525.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1U Server 5019C-WR X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 3.8Ghz 32GB RAM M.2 NVME X
$369.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00