Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: VIA KM266 USB-problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3

    VIA KM266 USB-problems

    As a noob/beginner I've bumped into the following problem. Recently, I've bought an AMD system based on a Shuttle MK35VN MoBo with a VIA KM266 chipset, on which I've installed Knoppix 3.3 on HDD. Works like a charm, except for sound, LAN (possibly, haven't tried it yet due to lack of networking knowledge) and - more importantly - USB.

    After browsing the forum, I've added /proc/bus/USB to /etc/fstab and issued a mount -a in order to be able to use USB, as I have a HP PSC1210 printer. However, I cannot find a trace of the printer when viewing /proc/bus/usb/devices, although a lot of stuff seems to be present for the layman I am ;-). Anyhow, all vendor values are zero, so I figure something's not working, right? when using lsmod, USB seems active and everything seems to be initialized judging the boot-up messages, so what gives? I strongly suspect my chipset not being supported, but haven't a clue as to how to fix this. Any insights on this would be very much appreciated!

    TIA,

    Marc van Doornik

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3
    No-one, eh? Never mind.

Similar Threads

  1. Savage Driver(S3 Savage Pro KM266) Here
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 09:55 AM
  2. Knoppix Problems or Hardware Problems
    By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
  3. Knoppix will not boot into KDE with ProSavage KM266
    By fledge in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 01:35 PM
  4. ideq 200s problems and more problems
    By lesshaste in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
  5. Booting Knoppix 22.09.2003 on Athlon anf KM266
    By cul971 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573) picture

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)

$149.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00