I can't seem to connect to the site to download 0.38 (perhaps their server is down). Does anyone know of a mirror site with the latest knx-hdinstall?
Thanks,
SW
![]()
Changes for knx-hdinstall 0.38 (2003/01/30):
* vga=... in lilo.conf is taken from Knoppix boot command line
* Change FirstLogin=false to FirstLogin=true in
.kde/share/config/kpersonalizerrc
* Use dialog/chpasswd for setting passwords
* Create service symlinks also for /etc/rc[234].d
* Enable DMA for all hard disks in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
(commented out when boot parameter "nodma" is set)
* Swedish language support
Get it from http://www.itm.tu-clausthal.de/~perle/knx/
I can't seem to connect to the site to download 0.38 (perhaps their server is down). Does anyone know of a mirror site with the latest knx-hdinstall?
Thanks,
SW
![]()
Having a problem with the combination of knx-hdinstall 0.38 and KnoppixKDE which I've just burned. Not sure which one the problem lies with.
I've downloaded knx-hdinstall, uncompressed it to home. When I run it as root, I get a dialogue box in what appears to be probably German (but definitely isn't English) with an 'OK' button on it, then another dialogue box in what appears to be probably German (but definitely isn't English) with an 'OK' button on it, then nothing more happens - that's it.
Anyone encountered this? I'm booting with knoppix lang=gb wheelmouse floppyconfig or alternatively knoppix lang=en wheelmouse floppyconfig and both give me this. I suspect it's a language related thing.[/b]
This may be obious but I'll just check...
When you ran it did you do
$ knx-hdinstall
or
$ ./knx-hdinstall
becasue $HOME isn't in your path, you may be running the old version..
Try to use "lang=us"!!!
lang=us ? why would I want to use a foreign language? I want to use English. I don't want all my words spelled 'potatoe'.
Yes - it's the dot and the forward slash! That's the solution. Cheers. Without, it's two dialogue boxes of German, with dot and forward slash, it's in English and it goes somewhere. Nice one. Thanks.
Noticed that it proclaimed the initiation of cfdisk was about to happen, but it seemed to just jump right past that, having found suitable partitioning already there (although it doesn't go for xfs filesystem (kernel not up to it) (so I selected ReiserFS)). All seems happy so far - it's chundering away doing the HD install at present.
Yeah.. I should add that to the docs..Originally Posted by Ian Tindale
The ironic thing, is that Im posting these instructions on how to install knoppixkde on this server which now runs on a HD install of KnoppixKDE![]()
Didn't work out. The install appeared to go smoothly, but on power up the new system stopped at a kernel panic and froze. Odd. (same with floppy boot - no go). Also, incidentally, unlike the knx-hdinstall on the 01/20/2003 Knoppix CD, the combination of KnoppixKDE and kdx-hdinstall 0.38 doesn't give me a dual-boot situation by default. Also odd. Oh well.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module
$25.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99