Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Xircom Ethernet LAN/Modem 10/100 PCMCIA card not recognized

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Xircom Ethernet LAN/Modem 10/100 PCMCIA card not recognized

    Hi:

    I have a Xircom Ethernet LAN/Modem 10/100 PCMCIA card installed on a Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 laptop, with Knoppix 3.3 installed on the hard disk, with kernel 2.4.22 and cardctl 3.2.5.

    When I do "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" I get a message telling me that I have 2 sockets, but I should have 4: 2 for the Texas Instruments 1131 PCMCIA bridge and 2 for the Cirrus PD672x PCMCIA bridge -> http://inauspicious.org/hinote/#mode...tConfiguration

    My /etc/default/pcmcia file contains this data:

    PCMCIA='yes'
    PCIC="i82365"
    PCIC_OPTS=""
    CORE_OPTS=""
    CARDMGR_OPTS""

    When I write lsmod I get the yenta_socket module loaded, instead of i82365. I see yenta_socket is loaded at boot time although I boot with the nopcmcia option

    Can you tell me what is wrong with my configuration or where should I look? I've visited http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp...CIA-HOWTO.html but I can't solve my problem.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Problem solved

    I found the solution:
    Knoppix loaded the yenta_socket module at boot time because it was in /etc/module. I replaced yenta_socket with i82365 and now I can use the pcmcia card!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1

    my /etc/defaults/pcmcia file for xircom card:

    PCMCIA=yes
    PCIC=yenta_socket
    PCIC_OPTS=
    CORE_OPTS=
    CARDMGR_OPTS=

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Ethernet PCMCIA Card not being recognized
    By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
  2. pcmcia network card not recognized - now what?
    By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
  3. Xircom PCMCIA modem hangs up
    By AlBorland in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
  4. Cisco Aironet / Xircom Wireless Ethernet drivers - source
    By robartes in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 09:03 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00