-
Java stuff in Knoppix
While I understand that adding to Knoppix the complete J2SE SDK would have used lots of space, the following suggestions shall be considered:
1. Adding package gcj so that the command gcj links to gcj-3.3 correctly. Now we can only execute the command gcj-3.3 but not gcj.
2. Adding package gij (and gij-3.3) so that gij can interprets Java programs (I know that j2re exists, and the command java runs fine.) The package gij is small.
3. Adding package jikes so that it can compile with j2re's library (rt.jar). Jikes is more compitable with J2SE SDK 1.4 than gcj.
Regards,
Kendrew
-
Senior Member
registered user
I already do this with the liveCD:
I use javac for gcj,
I use java for jig and
I don't know about jikes, but I use swingall.jar (added to my javac classpath) when importing javax.swing.* which includes the swing classes from jdk 1.2.
If you can't find swingall.jar, you can download ftp://ftp.baldwinschools.net/calcpage/apcs/JarFiles.zip from my ftp site and extract swingall.jar from it.
You may also want to look at: ftp://ftp.baldwinschools.net/calcpag...ilingnotes.txt with instructions on how to compile and run java programs (even applets) from a shell in KNOPPIX as per the above!
Enjoy,
Similar Threads
-
By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:20 AM
-
By silvershadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By screener in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 01:53 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00